An hour’s good time, or lesson
Get a lesson in the paddock, where you learn a bit about how to ride on a horse, and spend an hour with the horse, based on your wishes. Just let us know what you’d want to do. Lukka has been a teacher all her life and it’s fun to meet your wishes.
Some of the things we’ve done with our guests in an hour’s good time:
- Giving small children a fun time with our horses, helping us brush the horse and preparing it for the ride, and then ride it (we can lead the horse). There is no age limit to this.
- Giving beginners a basic riding lesson, and then taking them out on a short riding tour (half an hour), at walk (not any faster gaits), for those that have a tight time schedule.
- Therapeutic riding for the disabled rider
- A good time for the scared horse lover, that really wants to have a good time with the horse within his/her comfort zone.
- Riding lessons for the very experienced Icelandic horse riders, that want to know more about riding their beloved Icelandic horse.
- Riding lessons for experienced riders that have not been riding Icelandic horses, and want to learn the basics for riding the gaits.
- Taken people out on hand horses (we ride one horse and our guests ride on another horse that we lead), so people can go on a short and very safe ride, at both walk and a faster gait.
Duration and price:
1 hour, including teaching the basics, price 7000 ISK (ca. 50 EUR/ca. 55 $) per person. We give group discounts, children’s discounts and family discounts.
The Langhus farm, where the roads 76 and 787 cross. Gps dots are N66°03.653 and W019°07.280 or 66,060942 and 19,121477